Travel insurance is a type of insurance meant to cover medical and financial expenses and losses incurred during a trip inside or outside the country. This kind of insurance can be temporary, covering the exact duration of the trip or continuous, intended for a longer period. Usually, the continuous policy
The idea of going to a new place and experiencing new culture, new food and meeting people itself brings smile on your face. So, when you are planning to go abroad, besides your baggage you need to go for travel insurance as well. Such an insurance can make your holiday all the more special and enjoying.
But, before you go for travel insurance, you must know what are covered because many people have misconceptions. There are people who think that travel insurances cover everything, which is not. So, it is better to research before opting for travel insurance.
Those traveling abroad are often advised to pack travel insurance with their baggage. But again, you must know what is covered and what is not in your insurance policy.
Things not covered in your insurance policy
– If you change your plan at the last moment, you are most likely not to get any payment from the insurance company.
– Your travel insurance won’t cover you if you suffer from any kind of psychological or nervous disorders like anxiety, psychosis, depression and others.
– Weather always plays an important role in making or breaking your day. So, in case you suffer a bad weather and could not enjoy your trip, you are not going to be paid by your policy.
– In case you get stuck by some act of terrorism in your country and miss your flight, you miss the insurance reimbursement also.
– You can get your insurance policy done if you do not have any symptom of your existing physical problem for a longer period of time.
Things those are included in your insurance policy
– If you cut short your vacation because of any sudden medical reasons or for any other sudden mishaps, some policies may pay you for that.
– In another case, if the airlines lose your baggage in which you lose, the policy will refund you.
– If you want make the most out of your holiday and take part in dangerous activities like diving or skiing, you are likely to get special coverage for which you may need to pay a bit more.
– If you cancel your vacations for reasons like medical conditions or any sudden incidents at home, you are going to get reimbursed. You can also get coverage for late departures more than 12 hours.
Travel insurance is very much essential especially when you travel abroad because anything can happen at any time. It is better to be prepared in cases of emergency.